Monday, October 22, 2012

"Little People" Do Get Heard!

If you've followed anything I've written on here, you see I've been taking on issues of Genocide and War Crimes perpetuated by President Paul Kagame of Rwanda.

Why do I do this?  Because Rwanda could be anywhere.  After Hitler, the world said, "Never again."  The world lied.  We saw people like Stalin, Pol Pot, Charles Taylor, and Slobodan Milosevic perpetuate the same types of crimes.  Then Paul Kagame rose to power and at current estimation, he is responsible for the deaths of at least 10 Million people.  The world stands by and does nothing.

A day after Rwanda was implicated by the United Nations for supporting the M23 militia thugs that invade and violate the border of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and kill, rape, disfigure, and rob its citizens, Rwanda was elected to the United Nations Security Council - the most powerful Council in the UN.

The United Nations failed in the 1994 Genocide.  "Peacekeepers" stood by as people were massacred in droves.  "Peacekeepers" stopped guarding innocent people so that butchers could come in and kill them with impunity.  "Peacekeepers" did nothing as Rwanda invaded the DRC 2 times killing not only "enemies" but also innocent civilians without even trying to distinguish between the 2.

I began writing e mails to the US Ambassador to the UN.  I have yet to hear from her.  I sent the following "tweet" ("message" in Twitter language) to the UN:  What is your role? Rept.  of supporting M23 1 day add to UNSC next. Where is ? U failed in 94 why again?  

(Translated into normal language, I said:  United Nations, What is our role?  You had a report of Rwanda supporting the M23 Militia one day and added Rwanda to the UN Security Council the next.  Where is the justice?  You failed in 1994.  Why Again? - I also sent this to Human Rights Watch).  

Today I received this reply:   Kindly see this item from Friday: http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=43339&Cr=democratic&Cr1=congo#.UIWu-I7CEUV

(In Normal Speech: The UN replied to me referring me to the above article).

I found the article an evasion of the fundamental issue.  It did not mention Rwanda or Kagame.  It was full of political babel.

Though, I am not without hope.  Through a loosely knit group of activists, our voices are being heard.  We may see justice and peace come to the people of Rwanda and the DRC.

This proves that "Little People" can be heard by the Powers that Be.  We may not always "win," but what is victory?  The cause is on their radar screen!  Every journey starts with a step.  This journey is a long one that will not end quickly.  With God as our guide, Peace and Justice will reign.


If you would like to follow my Twitter, my ID is @tomhallberg1    I am very eclectic - sometimes I use it to communicate with friends, other times I use it for issues like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment