Monday, April 4, 2011

The Circle of Life

There are few days where one gets to see the circle of life.  No, I'm not quoting Elton John's song from The Lion King.  I mean the REAL circle.

I had the opportunity to attend a funeral today to support some of my parishioners in the passing of a beloved relative.  Though I didn't know the lady personally, her legacy was great and stretched far beyond those whom she directly touched.  It was a sad service, but it was also a joyful service.  The crying and mourning was for those left behind, but the joy was in the suffering she endured ceasing and her going on to Heaven.

I also got a phone call that another baby was born to my congregation today.  One was also born last week.  Both mothers were so proud and gave birth to healthy little boys.  Even though it's happened billions of times, I never cease to be amazed by the birth of a baby.  I think it's a sign that God is telling us that life is good and worth living.

There are very few days where someone can experience both new life and the passing of one already lived in one day, but today I had the privilege of that, and I am so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment