Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Second Letter to William Penn University

This is the second letter I sent regarding Paul Kagame speaking at William Penn University.

While I welcome comments to any post on my blog, due to the number of comments I have received on this topic, ALL COMMENTS whether FOR or AGAINST THIS LETTER MUST PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION (web links, book/article citations, etc.) if you choose to speak to any of the points I have made.  IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION, YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED.

Documentation of Each Point that I made can be found in the following web links:






May 2, 2012

To the Members of the William Penn University Community:

Having heard no response from any of you of the email I sent yesterday concerning President Paul Kagame speaking at your 2012 Commencement, please allow me to make a personal plea.

As a Quaker affiliated university, I find it a great insult to all peace loving people, Quakers, all Christians, the approximately 6 million dead, and survivors of the Rwandan Genocide and Congo Wars that you would have President Kagame speak to the newest graduates.

This genocidal dictator has so much blood on his hands from wars he started, assassinations he ordered, and people he has abducted.  This does not even name those who still suffer major psychological trauma and physical disfigurement because of the actions and orders of this individual.  By allowing him to speak to your graduates, please consider what message you are sending to the world.

Yesterday I sent you a sampling of data from Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, and major media outlets of the crimes against humanity committed by President Kagame.  As of yet, you have not responded. 

After Cain killed his brother Abel in Genesis 4, God speaks this to Cain (vs. 10):  And the Lord said, “What have you done? Listen; your brother’s blood is crying out to me from the ground!”  The blood of innocent Rwandan and Congolese people still cries out from the ground, but yet as of yet, you have refused to hear it.

I am a personal friend with a survivor of the Rwandan Genocide, and I have met several others.  The cruelty shown to them in their stories is brutal and sickening.  Out of compassion, I will spare you the details he has shared with me.  Please remember that we are speaking about people when we speak of Genocide…People who are hand created by God.  By allowing Kagame to speak at your commencement, you are not only mocking those people, but you are mocking God.

Since you have not responded to my last email, I will send you web-links verifying that Kagame is an evil warlord and not a man of peace.  Please see the following links that verify the claims I have made:

While it is completely within every person to repent and seek God’s forgiveness, Kagame as of yet has done no such thing. 

In the name of peace, justice, and compassion, please rescind your invitation to Kagame and do not allow him to speak to the 2012 Graduates.

In God’s Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment