Friday, January 4, 2013

Why Resort to Intimidation Techniques if You are Right?

If you're a regular reader of my blog, you don't need much background information.  I've written quite a  bit concerning the humanitarian crisis in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.  According to the United Nations Group of Experts Report, the M23 Militia, which attacked and overtook the Congolese city of Goma, but since has retreated pending negotiations with the Congolese Government (which, to the best of my knowledge are happening at the time of my writing this on 1/4/13), is not only supported by, but commanded by people within the Rwandan Federal Government.  There are other reports, including the Mapping Report of the Democratic Republic of the Congo from 1993-2003 accusing Rwanda's current president, Paul Kagame, who was then a military general of war crimes within Congo's borders. (If you need more information, go back and read more of my blog posts, or read news sources on these issues).

The Rwandan Government denies all of the above charges.  Please note - I am not making the charges - these come from the United Nations.

That leads me to my first question - Who is telling the truth - The United Nations? Rwanda? Both? Neither?  Obviously someone is telling the truth, at least on some level, and someone is lying, or at the very least, someone is uninformed.  Rwanda claims that they are victims of some sort of conspiracy.  Could that be true?  The United Nations says that Rwanda is guilty. Could that be true?

Right now, I'm going to discuss what happens when a person takes on issues involving the Rwandan Government.  I will speak ONLY for myself, though I know of several other people who go through similar experiences.  I will then pose questions for which I hope someone will answer.  Answer them in my comment section, or on my Twitter account.

I am going to be somewhat vague in some things, and I beg your forgiveness.  Also, if you do not know me personally, please know that I am telling the truth, and know that I am sane (Go ahead and make your sarcastic comments now...hahaha).

I know for a fact that I am or have been on a "watch list" by the Rwandan Government.  I do not know at what level this "watch list" is held.  I have proof of this, and I ask that you please just accept this.  The reason I was put on this list was due to a letter asking a US University to reconsider having President Kagame as their Commencement Speaker.

You can be assured that I am no threat to anyone.  I wish no violence upon anyone.  My only "weapon" is my Bible and my "pen" (or computer, or whatever I'm writing with that day).  Ok, I am clumsy, so if I trip and my Bible flies out of my hand and hits you on the head causing you slight irritation, that is unintentional violence.  I promise that is as bad as it will get.  Assuming I don't lose consciousness, you will get an apology from me.

I know, furthermore, that I've been monitored online.  Again, I will remain vague, but I have ways of knowing.

I have had underhanded intimidation techniques used against me.  This has happened several times.  I'm afraid these people think I am bigger than I am.  I am a blogger.  I am not an expert. I am not a government official.  I only ask that people look for a peaceful solution.  These intimidation techniques have taken several forms.

I have also had my character attacked and been called a "false preacher," an "instrument of the devil," and other such names.  None of these character attacks come with documentation proving that what I document is wrong.  Trust me - I WANT TO BE WRONG! I don't want millions of people suffering to be blamed on this government (which then implicates other governments, most likely including my own).  I WANT TO BE WRONG!  PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!

Now, my questions:

First:  If you are right, and these reports are wrong and you are right, what is the need to resort to intimidation? I know I am not the only one.  Why are dissenters in Rwanda jailed? Why have some "disappeared?" Don't intimidate us - PROVE US WRONG! We don't want to be right! We WANT to be your friends.  You are our Brothers and Sisters.  I can only speak for myself, but instead of trying to intimidate me, have a conversation with me.  Some who disagree with me with all their heart have, and I respect them. We have open and honest conversations. We try to understand each other. In the end, we want the same thing - Peace!

Second: If you are right, why is dissension handled so forcefully? Yes, order must be kept, but if you claim to be the society you say you are, then prove it.

Third: You don't owe me or any other individual anything.  But, as a member of the United Nations, you do owe the World certain treaty based requirements.  This world will only know peace when the love of peace is loved more than the love of power.  Don't we all want peace?

You are going to do what you want to do. This is the time to identify Rwanda as a dictatorial regime or a democracy.  The ball is in your court.  I pray that you make the right choice.

2 comments:

  1. Of course we know you are right.
    The mistery of that world is that God asks us, as imperfect as we may be, to use our wits, our courage, to advance his world: truth, justice, love and peace.

    The use of intimation is the signature of a deep belief in violence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But honestly, I've done nothing but spread the message. I'm not a journalist nor an expert. I just put things into context and try to make others aware. So, if anyone is right, it is those who wrote the reports and did all the work and investigations.

      Delete