Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ouch!!!!

Not that anyone cares, but I'm going to write about this anyway....Isn't that what blogs are for???  Write about whatever you want, think people will read it, and basically take up web-space.

It's all about migraines!  Yes, as I sit here typing, I can feel one coming on.  I think that's the worst.  You know it's coming, but can't tell exactly when.

That's the "aura."  Mine usually start with a cramp in my shoulders or neck.  Right now it feels like one little muscle in my left shoulder is a rock.  And I see flashes in my left eye.  It's weird.  I know they're not real flashes (like lightening or someone turning on and off the lights), and they don't even look like real flashes.  If you've never experienced it, I can't really explain it.  Plus my eye is watering.  Not too bad yet, but sometimes gets worse and sometimes it doesn't.

Normally I don't get nauseous like a lot of people do, but sometimes it happens.

Vision is starting to get blurry, especially in the left eye, and getting sensitive to light.

The worst part of all of this is that I never know if I'll get a full migraine or if it will fizzle off to oblivion. I don't think it's oblivion today.

The actual headache starts slowly.  It starts as a small, annoying pain.  Nothing serious, and if I didn't get migraines, I'd probably not think of it as worse than a minor annoyance.  Then, progressively it gets worse.  Sometimes it's not too bad, and I can go on with regular activities with just a little discomfort, and other times it makes me so uncomfortable I have to go to a dark room.  The problem is I never know what to expect.  I can usually tell what it will be like, but not always.

Well, time to take my medicine to see if I can keep it to a minimum.

So, if you know anyone with migraines, this is probably similar to what they experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment