Thursday, November 10, 2011

Repeal the No Child Left Behind Act - An Update


I want to thank all of you who wrote to our representatives about the concerns of the "No Child Left Behind Act."  Here are some updates:

1.  Our voices are being heard.  I've received automated responses from several politicians.  That's not necessarily good news in that these responses do not directly address our concerns, but it is acknowledgment of receiving our letters and e mails.

2.  Today, the phone rang, and I looked at my caller ID, and it said "US Capitol."  I assumed it was going to be some automated polling system.  But, it was a staff person of Sen. Burr acknowledging my correspondence and he gave me information that this issue is in committee.

Of course, none of this means the NCLB will be repealed or even amended, but it does show that when citizens act, our voices are heard.  Making a difference is not always about winning...It's also about being heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment